Sunday, April 17, 2011

College Life Part 1

What is your definition of college life? A lot of people say when you’re in college you will enjoy it to the max, some say that you will be very stressed out and other’s just think that it’s the beginning of their lives. Well, to me, I always thought that college would be a whole new chapter of my life. As of today, it is. I was really excited to start college because of three reasons which are I could not stand the lazing around, I was excited for the course I enrolled for which is Diploma In Communication and of course to meet new friends.

The week after orientation week, I was really nervous at first but then as classes started, I made a lot of new friends. I met really interesting people from different countries and states with unique things about themselves and such. As for my course, I am currently taking 5 subjects which is Fundamental In Management by Ms Rosaline Fernandez, Mass Communication by Ms. Zee, College Study Skills by Ms. Ngim Mei Yee, Introduction to Information Technology by Edward Sim and lastly Creative Comm and Portfolio Development by Dr. Benedict. So far all of my lecturer’s are awesome. Sadly, we have not had a class with Dr. Benedict yet as he just caught the chicken pox. Hopefully he gets better. The subject I like most is Mass Comm because so far our classes are fun. Ms. Zee is the best and I really like her teaching style. Other than that, I really like the system that Taylors have which is that, they have a portal online which keeps all your course documents and assignments up to date and any announcements as well.

Moving on, at first I found it hard to wake up early everyday cause during the holidays, from December to March I always slept very late at about 5am or 6am n woke up at 3pm or 4pm which was a very bad habit that went on for almost 3 months. Starting college has really made that habit go away cause I had to wake up at 6.30am everyday and as time passed by, I eventually got used to it. Now even on Saturdays and Sundays I wake up around 8am or 9am unintentionally. Speaking of waking up early, even though my classes do not start at 8am everyday, I have to go early to find parking. Parking at Taylors is CRAZY! Latest you can go to have guaranteed parking is around 9am and after that, no way you can get parking.

Next, so far the classroom locations are alright but the air conditioner’s are really strong. I shiver and freeze to death if I don’t bring a “hoodie” and sometimes I cant even write. Thank god there are 5 minute breaks so we can stand outside and cool down. What else can I say about college life? How about the fact that I’m really enjoying it. There’s nothing that I dislike right now so I’m just living the college life (:

No comments:

Post a Comment